[Imports] Slovenia - Landuse import questions

Sander Deryckere sanderd17 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 14:03:05 UTC 2014

Orchards are more for trees and shrubs AFAIK.

While hop plants are something special. Hop plants completely disappear in
the winter, only the roots remain. But they grow bigger every next summer
(hop can grow at a rate of 10cm per day).

Here you see a summer hop garden:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Lina_%28Neustadt_Donau%292.jpg
And the same in the winter:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Lina_Neustadt_Do.JPG

Because of the lack of plants in the winter, I doubt that it would classify
as an orchard.

The correct term for it would be a hop garden or a hop field, which could
be tagged in several ways.

* landuse=farmfield + crop=hop (may be strange due to the more or less
permanent poles and wires visible on hop fields)
* landuse=hop_garden
* landuse=hop_field

Since landuse=hop_garden seems to be used more, I'd go with that.

Regards,
Sander