[Imports] Value of imports in general

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 11:05:03 UTC 2014

OK, the value of imports. There is value in imports as long at it's not a
mere dump of loads and loads of data we cannot hope maintain as a community.

What we need is a staging area where available data can be made available,
ready to be merged in. Then when contributors feel like adding it, they can
do so object per object with the advantage of being able to compare several
sources and imagery and what already existed in OSM.

In this case, an import cannot happen when there is no local community to
keep it actual.

Polyglot