[Imports] Announce import of housenumbers in South Tyrol

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Feb 10 19:15:42 UTC 2014

A few points jump out at me

- There is no discussion about license. This must be documented and be okay.

- There are no clear changeset tags listed, although there are references
  to tags and changesets in multiple places

> The deadline for any suggestions on the following mailing lists are
> Thursday 13. February

This misstates the situation somewhat - the imports@ step is a consultation,

just like with the local community. The import needs to be acceptable to
both and concerns need to be addressed. It's also not possible to say in
advance how long this will take, as it depends what concerns are brought
up and how long it takes to address them.

> The proposal is to remove all tags addr:* from the buildings, and taking
> the point geometry (pending approval of the community)

If a user has decided to map an address on a building way it would be
inappropriate to remove that user-contributed information.

> Not matched with WEGE 774 (to delete) 10,1%
>
> The 9 house number that not found a match in WEGE are problem like 39020
> Martell / Martello, Gand 65. This house number does not exists. Need to
> be deleted.

You should not be deleting existing addresses without a survey to verify
that they are incorrect.

> All the data will have a new tag called addr:aa2osmid that will be the
> unique id to identify the house number

What is the purpose of this tag? How do you intend to use it?

I had a brief look at martello_new.zip

- It doesn't seem to agree with what the wiki page says about addr:full,
  addr:country, or the OSM tags used

- I had a look at the positional accuracy of the addresses, based on Bing,
  after allowing for shifted imagery. The positional accuracy is reasonable,
  but like most sources, not good enough to tell where the front door is.