[Imports] Fwd: Nuovo Import

Eduard Natale eduard.natale at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 19:56:32 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm Eduard and I'm planning the OpenStreetMap Hackathon session for the
OpenDataDay in Naples (next saturday). The Public Transportation company
decided to release information (with a Open Data License) on bus stops, so
we can use this information. For this reason I decided to import the data
in OpenStreetMap following the wiki at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines

Attached there is the mail I sent to the italian group where I'm describing
the work plan, waiting for their considerations and suggestions.

1. The public transportation company will give us the data (position -
epsg:4326), name and code of the bus stops
2. I'm planning to export the data using a format compliant to JOSM (like
osm in order to add the tags suggested by the OSM wiki
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Buses), in this way I can overlap the
newly created layer to a satellite map and evaluate errors (if any)
3. upload on OpenStreetMap

I'm going to insert an entry to the Import/catalogue table and cite the
company that released the data.

If you have any suggestion, please tell me.

Ciao
Eduard