[Imports] Import UNICEF data in Central African Republic, act II

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 10:37:47 UTC 2014

Hi Séverin and all:

I agree with Frederik about the use of addr:full instead of the
boundary_admin_levelX_name tags  (I would change "CAR" at the end of the
full address for "République centrafricaine" or "Central African
Republic"). I think it's a smarter solution: 1 tag instead of 3, and a
tag that is fully accepted by all.

I wonder if the data available at this time through the HOT task manager
will be changed or not to incorporate these changes to the import. In
case you change the data for the rest of the import process, I would add
some improvements that I already suggested in past emails, so we avoid
having to correct them afterwards (in case we want):

1) Some schools have the 'capacity:classrooms', 'capacity:pupils' and
'capacity:teachers' with value "0". I would set it better to "unknown"
value, as it makes more sense (for the capacity:classrooms one at least,
as there is surely no school without any classroom in it).

2) I find operator=yes/no not appropiate. As we read in the key:operator
wiki ( http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:operator ), "the operator
tag is used to name a company, corporation, person or any other entity
who is in charge of the operation of a certain map object". But "yes" or
"no" aren't any entity themselves. I think it would be more appropiate
to change it to operated=yes/no, maintained=yes/no, manned=yes/no or
something similar. I would suggest the tagged "maintained". The only
issue: these tags are not widely accepted tags, as it is the operator tag.

3) Again, in case the data is updated to incorporate the changes for
this import, I would correct the following typos for the health
facilities import:

operator:type instead of operator_type
toilets:number instead of toilets_number
capacity:beds instead of capacity_beds
health_facility:type instead of health_facility_type
addr:city instead of addr_city

I know we can correct that with a script or by hand afterwards, but what
if, in the mean time, somebody makes and improvement like tracing the
area of the hospital, copy/pasting the data from the hospital node to
the new area or relation and deleting the node? The same would be true
for schools (much less probable for water facilities).

Rafael.