[Imports] [Imports-us] Address Data Import for Fulton County, Georgia

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Thu Jan 9 15:28:17 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 6:05 AM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> The amount of data that a naked address point adds to OSM is very low,
> and the amount of data that a tagless building outline provides is
> very low- but combine the two and you get something of very high
> value,

I do not agree. Address points represent immensely valuable
information in their own right. If there is a separate set of building
footprints available, the added value of the combined (conflated)
address + building datasets is big enough that every attempt should be
made to perform that conflation. But I want to suppress the notion
that address point data in itself is of of low value.

--
Martijn van Exel
http://oegeo.wordpress.com/