[Imports] [Imports-us] Address Data Import for Fulton County, Georgia

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Mon Jan 13 02:47:37 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Saikrishna Arcot <saiarcot895 at gmail.com>wrote:

> No, I'm just using plain XML files and the Overpass API (with a
> possible change to the full OSM extract). The thing is that in the test
> coordinates I'm passing in, there is no city returned. Would using
> Osmosis and the postgresql database include the city?

I believe if you use overpass-turbo.eu wizard, you can search by admin
area. The wizard will do a nominatim lookup and return the administrative
area relation id. That helps for defined cities, but is a problem for
unincorporated areas of the county. If the address does not fall into a
city admin area, no query is going to help. My county keeps their own
version of zip code tables. I'm wondering if Fulton does? You might want to
ask. I've found the city and county GIS people very helpful.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch