[Imports] [Imports-us] Address Data Import for Fulton County, Georgia

Saikrishna Arcot saiarcot895 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 19:48:00 UTC 2014

A few updates:

Since I can't get the ZCTA5 file, I'll just have the existing city name
converted to title case, and add in an exception for DeKalb, since that
seems to be the only one with mixed case.

Also, I looked at the building data from Fulton County GIS, and it looks
fairly good. There is at least one main issues there: Some buildings
have overlapping buildings; in other words, the same building has been
drawn two or three times. The other building ways are generally shifted
slightly, and have more/less detail than the others.

If we are to import these buildings, I can add in a check to see if the
building being imported intersects with or is contained in an existing
building. I added the source dataset and converted OSM files (using the
OpenData plugin in JOSM and a splitter script to break it into smaller
files) on the wiki page
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Address_Data_Import_for_Fulton_County,_Georgia#Files>.
The area that each file covers is listed in the areas.list file.