[Imports] Import UNICEF data in Central African Republic, act II

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Sat Jan 25 09:05:57 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 12:29 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2014/1/25 Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com>
>>
>> I think that "source=UNICEF" very much belongs on each imported
>> record, as a mapper I would appreciate seeing that while editing.
>
> and what would you do to this tag when editing one of the objects? How much
> would you have to modify them in order to remove the tag? Or would you
> remove it with every tiny modification? Would you suggest to split ways in
> order to improve source-tag consistency?
> cheers,
> Martin

Seeing the Unicef source tag would help put the node history in
context while mapping.

Seeing the Unicef tag on the node might well cause me to dig deeper,
view the changeset,
which I'd be unlikely to do if the node was sparsely tagged.  If the
edit were extensive I'd try to look up the Unicef source record,
especially before altering something source there.

I would leave the source=Unicef tag in place.