[Imports] Import UNICEF data in Central African Republic, act II

Tom Taylor tom.taylor.stds at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 11:40:14 UTC 2014

> 2014/1/25 Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com <mailto:bryce2 at obviously.com>>
>
>     I think that "source=UNICEF" very much belongs on each imported
>     record, as a mapper I would appreciate seeing that while editing.
>

> and what would you do to this tag when editing one of the objects? How
> much would you have to modify them in order to remove the tag? Or would
> you remove it with every tiny modification? Would you suggest to split
> ways in order to improve source-tag consistency?
>
> cheers,
> Martin

I say again, this is not an issue with imports only, and should be
discussed in a broader context. Having said that, I accept the red
herring for the moment, and say that I would leave source tags unchanged
unless I am adding information from a new source, in which case I would
concatenate it with the rest.

Example in my neighbourhood: I sourced the outline of a new hospital
wing "source:survey" after using my GPS. New imagery became available,
so now it's "source:survey,Bing" (or would have been, except that
someone else got there first).

What about Bryce's suggestion source:pkey? I've never seen that before
aand don't know what it means, but it sets off the original history
(which I thought was the basic idea) and is certainly popular.

Tom