[Imports] Import UNICEF data in Central African Republic, act II

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 20:39:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

We have talked about this a bunch. It is not about saving space in the
database, it is about putting the source data in the right place. A
physical building, lake, mountain, river, do not have a "source". You
can't survey the source of an lake, it is not geo data. Every time an
object is touched it has its own source, it is an attribute of
changeset.

This is an editor issue. JOSM has a wonderful object history browser,
the osm website also does a OK job, I guess other editors are not as
advanced. However, we don't tag for the renderer, and we should not
tag differently because editors don't have a good history browser.

As far as the import, I don't believe putting the source tag
(incorrectly) on the object should hold it up. We already have a
zillion source tags all over the place, a couple more from this import
is not going to hurt anything.

Jason