[Imports] [Imports-us] Address Data Import for Fulton County, Georgia

Saikrishna Arcot saiarcot895 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 16:50:48 UTC 2014

For the record, I took a quick look at the converted data (after
processing and all) in JOSM, and the address data seems fairly accurate
(at least in midtown Atlanta). There are a few points that are
half-a-house over and some building that have two points, but mostly all
points seem to be located correctly.

A slightly bigger issue I'm seeing is POIs and buildings that have an
addr:housenumber, but no addr:street, which makes it difficult to
determine what street the building is on and to detect that as an
existing address. In the Atlanta region, there are a few
<http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1Zd> that can probably be manually handled.
Currently, I'm ignoring anything that has an addr:housenumber but no
addr:street, but this will cause some duplicate data.

As a status update, I can generate a sample OsmChange file after running
it through my application, but it does very few checks to see if the
address is located at a reasonable location. I've attached a sample file
for review so far. _Note that addr:city is missing._ _/
/_
I'll get in touch with the Fulton County GIS to see if they can allow
the building footprint data to be used in OSM. However, I don't see how
the tax parcel data can help in OSM.

/Saikrishna Arcot/