[Imports] Import Plan for Buildings & Address in Washington, DC, USA

David Jackson (OCTO) davidy.jackson at dc.gov
Fri Jul 11 11:51:56 UTC 2014

Paul,

Thanks for your feedback.  Other changes were made to the OSM wiki Import
plan which addresses some of the concerns raised (such as paid or unpaid
staff, how the building data is the same as almost all the other existing
building data in DC),

The short period was due to the fact that a very similiar method of imports
has been tested before both in DC and NYC and the high quality of the
imported DC address / building  data.

I added a link to the local OSM group in DC.   [ Thanks]

Not sure what percentage the local community would work on.   The staff at
DC GIS would be primary, I will talk to Brian DeRocher regarding how much
local OSM participation.

Thanks,
David

David Jackson   |  GIS Analyst  |  Office of the Chief technology Officer
 (W) 202.724.5135  |  200 I ST SE,  5TH FL,  Washington, DC
davidy.jackson at dc.gov |   Blog:  dcaddresscoordinates.blogspot.com
Telework Day: Fri