[Imports] [HOT] eHealth Africa Kano places import

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 02:42:20 UTC 2014

Salut, Paul:

Thank you for contributing to this import. It will greatly help on the
efforts for the eradication of Polio in North Nigeria and, in general,
for the development of North Nigeria.

It's very good idea what you propose. Although the import requires
only the places to be imported, I think we can do this on top of roads
editing and correction, so I will add this to the wiki and workflow,
with clear instructions on how to do it (probably tomorrow 16th July).

I've seen the task you've done, and it's all perfect.

It's good idea to also add the tag capital=* to the admin_centre's.
For example, I added capital=6 to Garin Shanono, capital of Shanono
LGA ( http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2965065968 ). For capitals of
wards, they would be tagged as capital=8. But we can forget about this
tag if we consider that it is unnecessary.

Cheers,

Rafael.

On 15/07/14 23:04, Paul Mallet wrote:
> Hello
>
> Should we add the new places as the admin_centre of their matching
> administrative relations (lga/ward...) or is it part of another
> next process ?
>
> Paul
>
> Paul MALLET

> <mailto:ravilacoya at gmail.com>>:
>

> The HOT Tasking Manager for the import of places (towns, villages
> and urban suburbs/quarters) is ready [1].
>
> We advice ONLY EXPERIENCED MAPPERS to take part in this job.
>
> Prior to start importing the data, it's COMPULSORY TO READ AND
> FULLY UNDERSTAND the import wiki [2] and, specially, the WORKFLOW
> WIKI [3].
>
> Should you have any further questions, you can contact
> mapping_at_ehealthafrica_dot_org or myself.
>
> Cheers and happy mapping,
>
> Rafael Ávila Coya.
>
> [1] http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/581 [2]
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_Nigeria_eHealth_Africa_Places