[Imports] Buildings & Address in Washington, DC, USA.

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Fri Jun 6 02:09:56 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Katie Filbert <filbertk at gmail.com> wrote:

> What are the considerations for integrating with existing data (e.g.
> parking lots, pois)?

I recommend using the same strategy as in NYC - essentially merge where
100% clear, don't touch otherwise:
https://github.com/osmlab/nycbuildings/wiki#import-procedure

> How do you plan to work with or involved the local mapping dc community?
>  (probably some kind of mapping / edit-a-thon would be a good idea where
> the community can help)

Would love to help make this happen. In fact, members of David's team were
at the last editathon here in DC where we discussed the import. Both myself
and Mikel Maron have been over at the DC office to discuss this import too.

> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mappingdc (encourage you to get
> in touch, I think they are enthusiastic for having the buildings complete
> and want to help)

True, David - it's worthwhile getting in touch there too and drop a link
[1] to this proposal.

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2014-May/003172.html

Cheers!