[Imports] cleanup broken import "fix"

Michal Palenik michal.palenik at freemap.sk
Thu Jun 12 11:39:56 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 04:21:23PM -0500, Eric Ladner wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 2:19 PM, malenki <osm_ at malenki.ch> wrote:
>
> > Am Wed, 11 Jun 2014 18:00:59 +0200
> > schrieb Christoph Hormann <chris_hormann at gmx.de>:
> >
> > I won't use a tag which I don't consider useful.
> > For me it is:
> > waterway=* == flowing water
> > natural=water == not flowing (though the most water bodies have
> > some current)
> >

> Tags water=pond or water=lake may not be immediately view-able on the map,
> but they do convey information (assuming there's also a natural=water tag
> on the feature).
>
> water=lake      - large natural bodies of water
> water=reservoir - large man-made bodies of water
> water=pond     - small man-made bodies of water
>
> The only ambiguity is the vagueness of small vs. large, and local naming
> conventions (something is named Lake Blah, when it is technically a
> reservoir because it's man-made - Big Creek Lake in southern Alabama, for
> example).

well, there is also problem what is man-made, see
http://sk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Po%C4%8D%C3%BAvadlianske_jazero
which is man made lake build in 16th century. so with the on the ground
truth it's quite impossible to destinguish from natural lakes
or http://www.freemap.sk/?c=core.gallery.view.22
which even I can rember being made. but it's still a lake. to be honest
I cannot find a single lake within 20km radius, which is purely natural.

> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:water
>
> Personally, I'd vote for removing the double tagged water=lake;pond since
> it's redundant and should be one or the other, not both, and ensuring that
> each feature had a natural=water tag.  Mappers at a later time could
> determine whether or not to add a water=lake or water=pond (or
> water=reservoir) tag to the feature.

maybe plus fixme=check if its pond or lake

> --
> Eric Ladner

michal palenik
www.freemap.sk