[Imports] "fleet manager" speed limit import proposal (Global)

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 12:57:38 UTC 2014

Hi Richard,

> Questions:
> 1) I think that these speed limit submissions might be suitable for a
> MapRoulette challenge, as long as users limit their challenges to
> their local area, so they may apply some local knowledge.  Does that
> sound good to you?

Since the challenge can't be resolved from imagery. This is probably
not a good kind task for MapRoulette.

If you do have corrections to data that is in OSM. I suggest you write
a script that pulls the history for the way from its id
(/api/0.6/[node|way|relation]/#id/history), and attempt to find the
user that entered the speed limit, if one is found, compose a message
consolidated by user/road name, then use copy/paste to send it off.  I
bet that many of the conflicts will be trivially resolved from the
message.

Jason