[Imports] [Talk-cz] CzechAddress Import

Petr Vejsada osm at propsychology.cz
Thu Mar 27 18:07:30 UTC 2014

Greetengs, All,

Dne Čt 27. března 2014 15:39:52, Martin Koppenhoefer napsal(a):

> > Well, I agree with Pieren.
> >
> > Either the tags are necessary or they are not, it cannot be both.
>
> these tags are often not necessary, but sometimes they are indeed helpful.
> E.g. if close to a border having the addr:country tag is useful for
> practical reasons because country borders used for determining where a
> point lies are mostly simplified (you risk of putting the poi in the wrong
> country for things that are close to the border).
>
> > As we are not “allowed” to import them then we will delete them.
>
> you are not allowed to automatically delete them either :-)
> They are not completely useless, in some situations they are helpful (e.g.
> see above)

So:

- we shouldn't (we aren't allowed) to add some tags, because they are
redundant (it was our opinion few weeks ago)
- we shouldn't (we aren't allowed) to remove the same tags, because they can
be useful

> > What’s the point of having them only on a some address points?
>
> because you don't need them on all. No tag goes on all objects, also
> oneway=no makes sometimes sense, but mostly is not put because not helpful.
>
> > Also we plan to “re-import” all the address nodes in Czechia how do we
> > tell
> >
> > when to keep it and when to delete it?
>
> you should keep the good ones and improve the bad ones. Generally this is
> not possible to do automatically with an import, because you don't know
> which version is the better one without surveying it.

I'd hate to be bigheaded, but i believe - our version is better. This opinion
is based on the data source - cadastre. For example - there is *official*
streetname in our data source. "Kapitana Jana Nalepky" (it's a capitain's
firstname and lastname). In current OSM database can be "Kpt. Nalepky",
"Kapitana Nalepky", "Jana Nalepky", "J. Nalepky" etc. We shouldn't to replace
the streetname with the official version? Wjy?

> > Majority of the addresses were imported by “illegal” automatic imports
> >
> > or using semiautomatic tools here in Czechia so there are not many tags
> >
> > which were created manually anyway.
>
> this might be another issue. If you want to complain about other imports,
> please open a different thread.

I don't think this is another issue. We're talking about replacement an old
data source, which is not maintained anymore, with a new one, which is more
accurate.

..
Petr