[Imports] Proposed Data import - Queensland, Australia: Peaks and Mountains

Christopher Barham cbarham at pobox.com
Sat May 3 19:00:05 UTC 2014

Hi,
I'd like to propose a small data import of ~2500 nodes describing peaks and mountains in Queensland sourced from Qld govt Place names Gazetteer.

I've had a look at the data to import, and also the existing OSM nodes, and think this could be a viable.  There would be manual review required before uploading, especially to ensure we do not duplicate the existing ~500 nodes, but feel it could be worth it as we are unlikely to get the data any other way for the more remote parts of the state.

I've documented the proposed import steps on the wiki here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australia/Queensland/The_Department_of_Environment_and_Resource_Management/Peaks_And_Mountains_Import

That page also has links to relevant data files I have created for review.

Please let me have your feedback on this proposal.

Regards,
Chas