[Imports] Vermont Town boundaries from VCGI

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 5 17:24:40 UTC 2014

> Martin, thanks for pointing that out. I should clarify. I'm not against
> this import so long as the community thinks boundaries are good for OSM. As
> for the place=* tags, if there isn't a conflict in placing them both on the
> boundary and a node, then so be it.

just to clarify, place tags should IMHO not go on administrative polygons
if they do not coincide perfectly with the geographic extension of the
settlement (usually only true for sub-areas like neighbourhoods, or in very
densely built-up areas where the end of one settlement is the start of the
next). Place tags should not go on areas outside of settlements (areas that
are not built-up) but could encompass non-built-up areas in the inside of
settlements (e.g. recreational areas, parks, brownfields etc.).

cheers,
Martin