[Imports] Japan, KSJ2 municipality administrative boundary re-import

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Sun May 11 08:07:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 01:13:45PM +0900, Satoshi IIDA wrote:
> I'm planning re-import, refinement of administrative boundary data of Japan.
> Target admin level is 4-8. (prefecture to city/town/village.)
>
> Here is my proposal page and I would like to get your feedback.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue/Japan_KSJ2_Import/Administrative_district_2014

Just a small remark about tagging. Could you consider using
place=state instead of place=province and place=county instead
of place=district? Even if the terminology is not completely
correct, it looks like the two mean essentially the same. Going
with the established tags in this case means that life is a lot
easier for data users and ensures that your data can be processed
in the same way as for the rest of the world.

Regards

Sarah