[Imports] Japan, KSJ2 municipality administrative boundary re-import

Satoshi IIDA nyampire at gmail.com
Mon May 12 00:44:55 UTC 2014

Hello Sarah,

Thank you for response.

> place=county instead of place=district
This is reasonable & possible.
But, as I'm not a native speaker, I could not understand the correct nuance
of 2 words. :)

Is County a better word to represent that "A municipality unit which is
larger than City/Town/Village, and smaller than State/Province"?

> place=state instead of place=province
Hence, I think this is not...

There are some arguments to change "Prefecture" system to "State" system in
Japan politics.
(yes, it would take long years indeed...)

If this change would be applied even as partially, we could not keep a way
to represent the new systems.
So I'm reserving "admin_level=3" bit to represent "state" level.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApY7X6fw8sqxdDNjY1FBeG00TlRZSFoxU2xwOHVCb0E#gid=1

In fact, "都道府県" level (like Tokyo, Chiba or so) is so called "prefecture"
in Japan.
And I think this is a similar structure to "province".

What is your opinion?

> From my original mail
> # Dedicated account.
Account "KSJ2_adm_bnd_imprt" is activated.
Thank you osm.org Technical Support Team!

Cheers.

--
Satoshi IIDA
mail: nyampire at gmail.com