[Imports] Buildings & Address in Washington, DC, USA.
aaronlidman at gmail.com
Mon May 26 23:56:12 UTC 2014
Most of the problems that required pausing the NYC import either aren’t present in the DC dataset or the script has been updated with the fixes from NYC.
Top NYC problems included:
- Various street name abbreviations not expanded: https://github.com/osmlab/nycbuildings/issues/95, https://github.com/osmlab/nycbuildings/issues/52, https://github.com/osmlab/nycbuildings/issues/58,
- Missing ordinal number suffixes: https://github.com/osmlab/nycbuildings/issues/28, https://github.com/osmlab/nycbuildings/issues/29
- Queens style number padding: https://github.com/osmlab/nycbuildings/issues/85
- Geometry artifacts: https://github.com/osmlab/nycbuildings/issues/57
- Unshared nodes on walls: https://github.com/osmlab/nycbuildings/issues/8
From what I’ve seen in the DC dataset the geometry is cleaner and attributes required few modifications because names were already expanded. The logic for sharing nodes was brought over from the NYC script to the DC script.
With that said more eyes on the files looking for problems would be great. http://tasks.openstreetmap.us/job/6
On Monday, May 26, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Jason Remillard wrote:
> Hi David
> Given that this is using the same process as the NYC import, what lessons/changes are planned to avoid the same problems encountered in NYC. I think NYC had to be paused a couple of times, it was not perfect. It would be dumb to do everything exactly the same.
> NYC importers (Alex ), could we have a summary of the top 3 or 4 problems with the NYC import, hopefully we can adjust DC to avoid them.
> On Friday, May 23, 2014, David Jackson (OCTO) <davidy.jackson at dc.gov (mailto:davidy.jackson at dc.gov)> wrote:
> > Below is link to a proposed import plan for the Buildings & Address in Washington, DC, USA.
> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DC_Buildings_%26_Addresses_Import
> > You feedback is welcome.
> > Thanks,
> > David Jackson
> > David Jackson | GIS Analyst | Office of the Chief technology Officer
> > (W) 202.724.5135 | 200 I ST SE, 5TH FL, Washington, DC
> > Telework Day: Fri
> Imports mailing list
> Imports at openstreetmap.org (mailto:Imports at openstreetmap.org)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Imports