[Imports] Address Data Import Norway

Ruben Undheim ruben.undheim at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 16:57:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just want to say that the import of addresses in Norway has been
completed (~100%). The status can be found here:
   http://osm.beebeetle.com/addrnodeimportstatus.php

There are also some screenshots there showing the location of all addresses.

In my opinion, it went very well.

There are two remaining things that will have to be sorted out in the
maintenance phase:
 - Certain address nodes where there are multiple letters following
the house number are placed at exactly the same point. They were
imported anyway. A plan is to make a script or something that finds
these nodes so that we can work on assigning them to the location of
the correct door of the buildings. Maybe someone knows about such a
script/web service already that can give us this info?
 - There are still many missing roads according to the address view of
OSM inspector. Now as we have the addresses in OSM, it's much easier
to spot the missing roads.

These are long-term tasks to complete, and we are happy to now have
addresses available in all applications using OSM data. Every now and
then (every 3 months or so), "Kartverket" will release updates to the
address node data set and then the plan is to use
http://osm.beebeetle.com/addrnodeimportstatus.php to keep track of the
differences and then OSM up to date (by manually doing the changes).

Let me know if you see any other significant issues.

Regards,
Ruben