[Imports] Public bicycle service in Barcelona (Bicing)

Celso González celso at mitago.net
Wed Oct 1 14:45:14 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 08:38:09AM -0700, Paul Norman wrote:

> On 9/30/2014 4:01 AM, Celso González wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >I'm trying to import the public network of bicycle rentals in Barcelona (bicing.cat)
> >
> >They have released as opendata the data of all stations
> >http://opendata.bcn.cat/opendata/ca/catalog/TRANSPORT/bicing/
> >
> >License CC BY 3.0
> Being CC BY 3.0, you're going to have to request permission to use
> attribution that meets 4.2 and 4.3 of the ODbL. 4.3 is the mainly
> relevant section, which provides that attribution as
>
> However, if you Publicly Use a Produced Work, You must include a
> notice associated with the Produced Work reasonably calculated to
> make any Person that uses, views, accesses, interacts with, or is
> otherwise exposed to the Produced Work aware that Content was
> obtained from the Database, Derivative Database, or the Database as
> part of a Collective Database, and that it is available under this
> License

I understand that including a source in the changeset
source="Barcelona de Serveis Municipals"
url:en 	"http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bicing_Barcelona"

and adding the dataset in the Contributor list
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors it will be enough

¿Is that correct?

> >Intended tags:
> >
> >amenity=bicycle_rental
> >ref=NUMBER OF STATION
> >name=STREET NAME, NUMBER
> Is this data all in caps?

No, I used the caps just to make a diference between fixed data for all the nodes
and the variable data (every station has a diferent ref, a diferent name, etc...)

I also added a wiki page for the Import
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bicing_Barcelona

Thanks for your input

--