[Imports] Address Data Import Norway

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Wed Oct 1 21:46:26 UTC 2014

On 10/1/2014 11:59 AM, Ruben Undheim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The norwegian OSM community is now ready to start importing address
> nodes for all municipalities. The address nodes are released by the
> Norwegian Mapping Authority (Statens Kartverk) under the CC BY 4.0
> license and is of very good quality.
>
> A web service has been developed to track the progress, detect
> non-matched addresses, detect duplicates etc.:
> http://osm.beebeetle.com/addrnodeimportstatus.php (try Google
> Translate). Only municipalities for which all existing OSM addresses
> have been confirmed and matched with corresponding data from
> Kartverket will be imported in this round. Other municipalities must
> be manually "fixed" first. The web-service will tell when a
> municipality is ready. Only missing addresses will be imported and
> existing data will be kept if correct (in this round).
>
> See also: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue/Address_import_for_Norway
>
> * It has been added to the table for Community Imports here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue
> * The Norwegian Mapping Authority has provided the correct permission:
> http://lists.nuug.no/pipermail/kart/2014-August/004831.html
> * The Norwegian Mapping Authority is listed as contributor here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors
>

> As you can see on the status page,
> http://osm.beebeetle.com/addrnodeimportstatus.php, several
> municipalities have already been completed before consulting
> imports(at)openstreetmap.org, and the experience has been very good so
> far.
The general view has been to not add addr:country

The wiki page states "POIs with addr-tags will not necessarily be
removed during the import, but separate address nodes will be imported".
Does this mean there will be duplicate addresses?

I also see you are proposing to remove address tags from buildings and
put them onto nodes in some cases - this is contrary to common mapping
practice.

> We would like to get confirmed from you that we may proceed with all
> the remaining municipalities.

If the consultation involves changing the import or deciding not to do
it, how will you fix the existing municipalities?