[Imports] Belgium address import

Ben Abelshausen ben.abelshausen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 07:59:19 UTC 2014

Hi,

There was a TODO-list on this last year and I asked the talk-be list for
help but there was nobody willing to do this at the time:

- Get a better feel for the quality of the data and formulate this in a
better way than just saying 'good enough'.
- Find a way to keep track of progress.
- Find a way to compare OSM addresses with the CRAB database.

I stopped after that because coordinating this in a good way will take time
and resources and cannot be done by one person (me at that time).

@sander: suggestions have already been made on the import proposal page:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/AGIV_CRAB_Import#Tagging_Plans

Feel free to change these. Your suggestions don't seem different from what
is already there but maybe there is room for improvement on the wiki ;-).
I'm willing to spend some more time improving the python script to extract
only the relevant addresses from the DBF-files.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Best regards,

Ben Abelshausen