[Imports] [Imports-us] New Orleans: importing buildings and addresses
remillard.jason at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 11:59:20 UTC 2014
- It is not clear if including the ids is useful. You should consider
- Why only put the id on the buildings, but not the address nodes.
- Consider figuring out how to capture multiple addresses at the same
node location, rather than dropping them in favor of the primary
- You might want to double check that you have captured all of the
abbreviations. It seems like this is always a problem.
- Have you down a JOSM verify in places where there are many touching
buildings? Again, this seems like it is always a problem/tricky issue.
- Do you have any addresses data to conflate with?
On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:52 PM, Matt Toups <mtoups at cs.uno.edu> wrote:
> Greetings. I've been preparing an import for my hometown of New Orleans,
> Louisiana, USA.
> Here are links of interest:
> A few quick notes:
> * The data is from our city government and is licensed as CC0.
> * I hope the wiki (linked above) will address questions about the tagging
> scheme, conflation method, and process.
> * The import is a team effort comprised of both experienced mappers and
> relatively new, local users.
> I have been editing OSM for this area for over 6 years and I am committed to
> making this import a local community-led effort. I've been reaching out to
> local mappers for help, and already this process has led to more engagement
> and cooperation. I believe the import work is actually helping to strengthen
> our map community.
> Your feedback is welcome. In particular, I'm looking for good documentation
> to give to our less-experienced mappers on how to participate.
> Matt Toups
> New Orleans
> Imports-us mailing list
> Imports-us at openstreetmap.org
More information about the Imports