[Imports] [Imports-us] New Orleans: importing buildings and addresses

Johan C osmned at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 21:21:24 UTC 2014

I don't have any programming skills, but I tested the plugin after Gertjan
programmed it: an example of this splitting of 'nodes on top of each other'
can be seen in the Vermeertoren in Delft:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=52.01280&mlon=4.33795#map=19/52.01280/4.33795
(opening it in JOSM shows all nodes)

In the Dutch import we wanted to keep all address points within the
building and this method worked quite well. Though aligning them parallel
to the nearest street with the same name might also work

Cheers, Johan