[Imports] Maui County

Peter Gehring Peter.Gehring at co.maui.hi.us
Thu Sep 11 22:10:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am new to OSM, but like the concept.  I have been working professionally in GIS since 1998.  I'm currently employed by Maui County, Hawaii.  I don't see a Hawaii user group, so I am posting here as per the instructions I found at the following link. (https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-osm-editor/wiki/Contribute-an-existing-dataset-to-osm#Very_Important_Note_about_Imports)

I am willing to share some of our county data with the OSM database.  If there's any interest I can provide a list of layers.

>From looking at OSM, our buildings layer might be a good addition.  It is quite a bit more complete than what is currently displayed on OSM.  It is based upon 2010-2012 - 0.5m WV-2 satellite data, and covers all areas of the four islands that comprise the county.

Pete