[Imports] Maui County

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Sep 11 22:34:00 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Peter Gehring <Peter.Gehring at co.maui.hi.us>
wrote:

> I am new to OSM, but like the concept.  I have been working professionally
> in GIS since 1998.  I'm currently employed by Maui County, Hawaii.  I don't
> see a Hawaii user group, so I am posting here as per the instructions I
> found at the following link. (
> https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-osm-editor/wiki/Contribute-an-existing-dataset-to-osm#Very_Important_Note_about_Imports
> )
>
> I am willing to share some of our county data with the OSM database.  If
> there's any interest I can provide a list of layers.
>
> From looking at OSM, our buildings layer might be a good addition.  It is
> quite a bit more complete than what is currently displayed on OSM.  It is
> based upon 2010-2012 - 0.5m WV-2 satellite data, and covers all areas of
> the four islands that comprise the county.

The building footprints would make a great addition, especially if
addressing were included. Doing both at the same time is easier than doing
two separate imports. Are addresses available? It would also be nice if the
building layer included height and floors although not a show stopper in my
mind.

Thanks,
Clifford

--