[Imports] Administrative Boundaries and Divisions in Portugal

Marcos Oliveira marcosoliveira.2405 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 13:42:48 UTC 2015

Martin and Sander,

Thank you for your input! I can see the merits you speak of when having
independent ways for boundaries and I'm ever more so inclined to adopt it.

Sander, regarding the tags to be used, yes there will be custom keys like
the code used by the National Institute of Statistics that designates a
given division. Regarding bilingual names I'm inclined to insert them as
official_name:en=* since that section has a prefix that symbolizes the type
of division and that can be correctly translated.

I still need to create the 'tags to be used' section on the wiki page, but
you can check a live version of this relation [1] that includes what will
be in use.

In plain text, below:

type=boundary
boundary=administrative
admin_level=7
name=Vila Nova de Famalicão
official_name= Município de Vila Nova de Famalicão
ine:code=0312
population=133832
population:date=2011 (date of last census)
source=DGT - CAOP 2014
start_date=1835
start_date:source=[2] (link to official archival documentation whenever
avaiable)
website=[3] (link to district's or municipality's official website)
wikipedia=pt:Vila Nova de Famalicão

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4032838
[2]
http://autoridades.arquivos.pt/producingEntityDetails.do;jsessionid=CA8F4EEAC29CCB696D93A98DE3775739?id=9668