[Imports] Administrative Boundaries and Divisions in Portugal

"Petr Morávek [Xificurk]" petr at pada.cz
Mon Apr 13 16:32:23 UTC 2015

Dne 13.4.2015 v 18:05 Martin Koppenhoefer napsal(a):
>> Am 13.04.2015 um 13:10 schrieb Sander Deryckere <sanderd17 at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Also the other way around, when editing features like roads and rivers, it's harder to break the borders by accident when they're not connected at all.
>

> when the river is the boundary you will want to move both together and you want them to be linked together to determine what is in which entity (eg the river, the road), and to keep the fact that they are linked
>
> cheers
> Martin

Hi,

this is not quite true. In Czech Republic I know a lot of places where
historically the boundary was defined by a small stream or river. The
course of the stream or river has changed, but the administrative
boundary stayed at the old place.

AFAIK even parts of country boundary that are defined by international
treaties as going by the centerline of a river are in fact fixed at a
given place and periodically reviewed and renegotiated to reflect
possible environmental changes.

Best regards,
Petr Morávek aka Xificurk