[Imports] Administrative Boundaries and Divisions in Portugal

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 10:55:40 UTC 2015

> Or you could secretly move the marker to enlarge your property...
>
> At least for individual plots the authoritive definition usually is the
> cadastral survey as documented in official records.  In cases of doubt
> the position gets verified relative to other surrounding markers and
> reference points.

+1, you cannot simply move one marker, as it is forbidden ;-)
and they will find you quickly unless you move a lot of markers
systematically in a big area, in which case they might eventually take a
bit longer to find out. Still, you'd have to move neighbouring buildings as
well, I guess ;-) It is practially impossible to change boundaries just by
moving markers, because we are talking about a whole system where every
point is in relation with its surrounding and with other points.

The cadastral surveys AFAIK also use official reference points (but are
also capable of using dgps with 1cm and better precision AFAIK, so nowadays
it is really difficult/impossible to manipulate boundaries by moving
markers).

Cheers,
Martin