[Imports] Proposed import removal: nuclear explosion sites

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:04:53 UTC 2015

> Most of all, it is (in my opinion) not geodata but "event data" -
> important and potentially geo-changing events perhaps, but still, event
> data.

while it surely is event data, it will in some cases also have significant
impact on the current situation (e.g. radioactive radiation, crater, etc.).
Besides a few tragic exceptions (in Japan 1945) those sites will likely be
away from inhabited territory so I don't see the need to clean this up (as
it is not disturbing or confusing other mappers, like dismantled railways
often do). And as you wrote yourself: "this information is very
interesting". Being available also elsewhere isn't a reason to exclude
stuff from OSM (nor is not being available elsewhere a reason to keep
things).

Cheers,
Martin