[Imports] Proposed import removal: nuclear explosion sites

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Apr 14 12:11:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

> while it surely is event data, it will in some cases also have
> significant impact on the current situation (e.g. radioactive radiation,
> crater, etc.).

If there's radiation then I expect there to be some danger area or
something. If there's a crater, we can map the crater.

> I don't see the
> need to clean this up (as it is not disturbing or confusing other
> mappers, like dismantled railways often do).

I'm cleaning Lummerland in the middle of the ocean even though it's
neither disturbing nor confusing other mappers ;)

I see the need to clean this up because it is hard to explain to people,
in other situations, that we're mainly about surveying and everyone
improving on the work of the others when at the same time we have
thousands of un-surveyable and un-verifiable sites in the database.
(Sites that will, unless they're mapped erroneously, *never* *ever*
change, because by definition these nodes refer to something that has
happened in the past which cannot be changed by anything that happens in
the future - unlike a house that can be torn down, or a boundary that
can be changed.)

Bye
Frederik