[Imports] Proposed import removal: nuclear explosion sites

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Apr 15 21:13:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

> mountain peaks also hardly ever change within the dimensions of time we are looking at it, but I haven't heard a call yet to delete them.

Please Martin, you're not stupid, don't act like you are just for the
sake of the argument. I am not calling for the deletion of mountain peaks.

A mountain peak is a physical feature. It could change. It could be
demolished to make room for a bypass. I hear that the highest English
mountain has recently been shortened by an inch ;)

An event in the past is not a physical feature. Nothing about the event
can ever change unless time travel is invented.

Can you see that there is a conceptual difference between the two? Yes
you can. Thank you ;)

I'm totally ok with mapping craters by the way. The fact that there is a
crater of a certain extent is verifiable on the ground. The fact that
the crater was caused by an explosion with so-and-so-much energy at a
certain time through a military program called "Bombtastic" is not.

Bye
Frederik