[Imports] Proposed import removal: nuclear explosion sites

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Apr 15 21:18:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 04/15/2015 04:09 PM, Pavel Machek wrote:
> It does not cause any problems to keep this data, and it is
> very small data set. Just keep it.

1. If it were true that the data does not cause problems, that would
still not be a sufficient reason to keep it in OSM.

2. I believe that it *does* cause problems because it indicates to
others that OSM is a suitable place for such data (which OSM is not).
There is a very real danger of people wanting to map past natural
disasters or even past cultural events, "because we also map nuclear
explosion sites".

These sites are a bad example and if the import had been properly
discussed along the rules we have today, it would certainly have been
shot down.

Hence my desire to remove them.

Bye
Frederik