[Imports] how do i get a mapper to engage with the community over mass imports?

Glen Barnes barnaclebarnes at mac.com
Fri Apr 24 17:00:47 UTC 2015

From the notes against the layer:

http://linz2osm.openstreetmap.org.nz/data_dict/layer/canal_poly/info/ <http://linz2osm.openstreetmap.org.nz/data_dict/layer/canal_poly/info/>

I think the notes are very easy to access and relate directly to the layer in question. The tagging page clearly shows how we’ve mapped each source field to the output and any transformations we have done so it provides a good audit trail. The building_poly layer is a good example where complex mappings are easy to read - http://linz2osm.openstreetmap.org.nz/data_dict/layer/building_poly/tagging/ <http://linz2osm.openstreetmap.org.nz/data_dict/layer/building_poly/tagging/>.

I take your point on the yearly review. If you look at our notes you will see that we did come up against inconsistencies in what the tagging should be. I think at the time what we choose was considered OK but there was an ongoing discussion about a new tagging scheme for rivers and waterways. Now it would seem that we should be updating the tagging to conform to the new tagging norms.

Thanks
Glen