[Imports] how do i get a mapper to engage with the community over mass imports?

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Apr 24 17:22:14 UTC 2015

On Friday 24 April 2015, Glen Barnes wrote:

> I think the notes are very easy to access and relate directly to the
> layer in question. The tagging page clearly shows how we’ve mapped
> each source field to the output and any transformations we have done
> so it provides a good audit trail.

I am sorry i used misleading words - it is not difficult to access but
it is a lot of work for someone who wants to review the tagging rules.
For this purpose a table on the wiki is much easier.

> I take your point on the yearly review. If you look at our notes you
> will see that we did come up against inconsistencies in what the
> tagging should be. I think at the time what we choose was considered
> OK but there was an ongoing discussion about a new tagging scheme for
> rivers and waterways. Now it would seem that we should be updating
> the tagging to conform to the new tagging norms.

Yes, traditionally you'd use waterway=riverbank for canal polygons which
lacks the river/canal distinction but now you can use natural=water +
water=canal.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/