[Imports] Import of municipal trees of Nice, France

Vincent Frison vincent.frison at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 20:34:45 UTC 2015

> Vincent,
>
> On 08/03/2015 07:17 PM, Vincent Frison wrote:
> > I just want to inform you that I'm going to import all municipal trees
> > of Nice
>
> Imports require a community consenus. Simply "informing" the community
> is not sufficient, and such imports are liable to being reverted. This
> also means that there should be enough time between announcing a plan
> and starting to execute it for people to comment (it is the 3rd of
> August and your wiki page says you want to satart at the beginning of
> August).
>
> Has this at least been discussed on the talk-fr list?

Yes of course, there is a very long thread on the talk-fr mailing list
(like it's wroten on the wiki page).

> I haven't looked at your proposal closely but I'd advise to drop the
> "internal reference number", these have until now been totally useless
> in imports.

The internal reference doesn't seem totally useless  to me because it is a
strong link with the opendata source and it could help on future updates.
But if  you really think it's a bad thing I can remove it... btw I have
added this tag because I saw the same thing on the imported trees in
Bordeaux and I really thought it was a good idea.