[Imports] Tanzania roads manual import
chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Aug 14 19:17:25 UTC 2015
On Thursday 13 August 2015, Rafael Avila Coya wrote:
> An import wiki has been produced  and a detailed workflow with
> lots of screenshots is being finished , with the goal of keeping
> the highest consistency among users.
In general this looks fine but there are a few issues:
- without seeing the data it is not possible to judge the quality and
suitability for import.
- if you advise the mappers to always run line simplifications on the
ways first it would be better to do this on the whole data set in
advance, this would avoid unnecessary work for the mappers.
- Since other sources are necessary to decide on correct tagging the
question is what you intend to do in areas where no high resolution
images are available (which is the case in quite a few parts of
Tanzania) or where clouds or vegetation make a proper assessment
impossible. There should be a clear plan what to do in those cases.
- Since the specific road paving material can usually not be determined
from satellite images the advise for tagging paved roads should be
surface=paved and not surface=asphalt.
- Instead of 'source:date=2014..2015' use 'source:date=2014;2015'
- The 'license document' linked to does not really give permission to
use the data in OSM, it just says it will be made available through OSM
but no word about license and permission to use. Even more the
agreement is limited until September 2016.
More information about the Imports