[Imports] Tanzania roads manual import

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Mon Aug 17 23:02:39 UTC 2015

On Monday 17 August 2015, Andrew Inglis wrote:

> On the Licence agreement the, the release is implicit in that the
> section you referred to under "intended use of data" where MSD give
> JSI the instructions to make the digital road data publicly available
> specifically through the OSM.  Therefore, in providing these
> instructions they are giving permission for the data to be on and
> used in OSM.

And that is not sufficient - there has to be a permission to relicense
the data under ODbL which includes the possibility to use and
distribute the data outside OSM.

It seems to me whoever wrote that letter was essentially unaware of the
legal requirements and implications of entering data into the OSM
database.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/