[Imports] Tanzania roads manual import

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 10:57:59 UTC 2015

Hi, Christoph:

They give permission to upload the data to OSM, only with the
restriction that it must be done before September 2016.

There is no need to give a permission to relicense the data under the
ODbL, because giving the permission to integrate the data into OSM is an
implicit acceptance of the ODbL. That's cristal clear.

The original data cannot be distributed outside OSM, but the data, once
integrated in OSM, is not the original data anymore, it's OSM data,
"old" and "new". And therefore, available to anyone under the ODbL license.

It seems to you that "whoever wrote the letter was unaware of the legal
requirements and implications of entering data into the OSM
database". Well, that's your perception. But that doesn't change
anything at all.

Rafael.

--
Twitter: @ravilacoya <http://twitter.com/ravilacoya>