[Imports] Tanzania roads manual import

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Wed Aug 19 00:23:16 UTC 2015

On 8/18/2015 4:13 AM, Rafael Avila Coya wrote:
> There is no point to talk about a future change of license.
A third-party data source under the ODbL is suitable for import, but it
is a reasonable issue to bring up with the import proposal.
> If a change of license would take place, every contributor would have to agree to
> that change. Those not happy would have their data deleted, as it
> happened with the license change from the CC-by-sa to the ODbL.

This is incorrect. The contributor terms define the license change
process, which lets active contributors decide,[1] but an individual
contributor cannot dictate that their data is deleted.

>   And MSD wouldn't be an exception.
With an import, MSD is not a contributor as they have not agreed to the
contributor terms,* you (or the person doing the import) are the
contributor.

In any case, these details are somewhat disconnected from the issue at
hand, the suitability of the license.

If it were USAID|DELVIER PROJECT as the contributor, I think the license
would be okay, but it's not, it's individuals working through the HOT
tasking manager instance.

[1]: See the terms for the full process, which isn't relevant here.
[2]: or are not uploading it themselves