[Imports] OSM Import Question

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Aug 28 22:15:31 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 8:56 AM, Jim Stob <jstob at positiontech.com> wrote:

> My question to the community is would you be interested in importing our
> POI data if it met or exceeded your quality expectations?

Jim,
First off, I'm sorry for the late response to your question.

As to your question, would we be interested if the data met or exceeded our
expectations? Absolutely. We'd like to see a sample of the data that you
propose to import. I'd recommend picking one geographic location so we get
a wide variety of businesses. I see two problems that you will face. The
first is building a cross reference table from your tags to OSM tags. The
second is geolocation -> How was the location determined?

A sample would could help answer those concerns.

Thanks,
Clifford

--
@osm_seattle