[Imports] Update of german Aral petrol stations

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Wed Feb 18 18:30:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 5:04 AM, Bas van Kempen <bvankempen at navads.eu>
wrote:

>  Thanks for thinking of a solution with us.
>

> When referring to Avia, I meant Avia International (fuel retail):
> http://www.avia-international.com/
>

> I definitely agree that the most useful POI’s are those for tourists
> (hotels, restaurants, shops etc.)
>
> Nonetheless, a lot of navigation systems rely upon OSM and thus OSM’s POI
> layer for navigation purposes. Therefore I think it would be a good idea to
> include as many POI’s as possible (not just for tourists, seeing as some
> people sometimes struggle to find things in their area, myself included
> haha).
>

> When I travel I find the most useful points in OSM are tourist
attractions, peaks, paths, artwork, stairs, bicycle facilities, drinking
fountains and toilets.

This is because the POI quality is much fresher in Yelp and Google Maps,
and even in the Yellow Pages where available.  Basically where money is
involved, the other resources are better.  Yelp is particularly strong in
filtering out locations that have closed.

Where human interest is strong, OSM wins.