[Imports] Importing names of homeowners : Nepal Red Cross

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Wed Feb 18 23:22:39 UTC 2015

> Everyone such areas would know a farm by its owner's name and refer to it that way.
> A map for Nepal without that information is useless, just as a map without street names and house numbers would be useless in Europe.

> If OSM wants to be a map that is useful in Nepal for local people you will need this information.

I don’t necessarily disagree with that, and I certainly don’t expect everyone to conform to one true way of addressing houses.

But the demographic information seems, at best, prone to getting rapidly out of date.

Certainly an e-mail to the creator inquiring about their intentions with those tags is appropriate.

d.