[Imports] Importing names of homeowners : Nepal Red Cross

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Feb 19 00:42:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 02/19/2015 12:17 AM, Ludwig wrote:
> A map for Nepal without that information is useless, just as a map
> without street names and house numbers would be useless in Europe.

"Please guide me to a house with 2 oxen and about three 6-12 year old
children, and if at all possible one with at least 3 female inhabitants
and one widowed person..."?

> (Why would collecting that information be possibly illegal? If that was
> the case, any telephone book would be highly illegal).

In many countries, making a telephone book without the explicit
agreement of the individual whose data you are sharing *is* indeed
illegal. (And if it should turn out that the individual didn't really
understand what they were signing when they signed that they're ok with
a telephone book entry, then their signature isn't worth a lot.)

Bye
Frederik