[Imports] [OSM-talk] amenity=bicycle_repair_station :::: only 18 so far

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Mon Jan 26 22:40:18 UTC 2015

Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 1:13 AM, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> I think this is a good example of where notes are the way to go. A badly
>> positioned node is only likely to be spotted by a mapper who is
>> specifically interested in bike repair stations, whereas a note will be
>> spotted and acted upon by a more general mapper visiting an area. The note
>> can contain info on how to tag or a reference to one that has been properly
>> surveyed.
>>

> It seems messy, but I could import the 500 repair stations each with a
> 'note' that says it needs field checking.
> Would people really want that?

I would not.  It feels like spamming the notes database.  If the
positions are doubtful enough that a note is warranted for each node,
that's a clue that the import shouldn't happen.

Also, if a tag isn't rendered in the default mapnik view, then those
elements are unlikely to be cleaned up (absent a special render for a
community of interest, which the cyclemap layer might be).